Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Batches 017 & 018: EXPIPA 6300 & 1210

I'm back!  The last two weeks have been a bit crazy and I was able to brew again.  So naturally I jumped in head first with a double brew day.  Same grain, same bittering hops, same mash, same yeast.  Only difference was the hops thrown in at 10, 5 and 0 minutes.  www.FarmhouseBrewingSupply.com release 4 new hop strains a few weeks back and I picked up two of them.  I wanted a nice easy test for the flavors and aromas. For the base beer I went with the malt from Papa's Pale Ale and a small charge of warrior hops to bitter.  I threw in .2 oz of the EXP hops in at 10 min, 5 min, and knockout.  Batch 017 used EXP 6300 which is described as having 6.4%AA Blackberry, "Super Cascade", Grapefruit, Orange, "Amarillo Like", Lemon and Pine Bred from Cascade and USDA 19058.  Batch 018 used EXP 1210, 14.6%AA Dill / Lemon, Jolly Rancher, Passion fruit, Cocoa, Coconut, Peach, Stone Fruit and Vanilla Bred from Galena, Eastern Gold, 98005.

I am really interested in how these will come out.  Only time will tell.  Still prepping and researching for my first 5 gallon batch in a while so that will keep me busy.

Until next time, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment