Saturday, May 25, 2013

Batch 30: Lemon Green Tea Mead and a note about the future

Tonight  I started my latest batch of mead.  I decided to go for a lemon green tea mix.   It was a fairly uneventful process tonight that just involved me adding 3# of wildflower honey to a 1 gallon jug and topping it up with water a bit of nutrient and shaking the snot out of it for a while.  Came out to 25.8 Plato.  Added some Lavlin 71-B to it and will add some nutrient for the next couple days to make sure it goes alright.  In secondary, I will add some very strong green tea and a lemon zest/fruit tincture that I need to put together this week.  I may toss just a bit of sweetener in this, but want to make it very green tea like (but then again, honey goes great in green tea).

As for the future of this blog.  I started out saying I was going to discus the ups and downs of brewing 1 gallon batches.   I haven't really done that.  This is basically just a log for my brews.  That will change.  I will try to dissect a topic fairly often and run some test batches to show of some different ways of doing things.  I want this to be a place where people will decide that 1 gallon batches aren't a waste of time and energy.  In the process I can talk about things such as brew in a bag vs a traditional mash, high sugar worts, different hopping techniques, and anything else I (or you) can think of.

If you have an idea for one of these topics, let me know.  Other wise I will just come up with stuff on my own.  I also want to work on trying to do some more videos too, but thats a few steps away still.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment