Sorry for the delay in this post, but I threw this together very quickly Wednesday morning and went out for a long day of Christmas shopping and yesterday I went on an impromptu road trip.
This recipe came together when I was packing together some honey at work and decided it would be a good idea to use some of the honey I was working with. So I bought 2 pounds of orange blossom honey. I didn't think that would give me enough sugars so I decided on a cyser. I mixed the honey with one gallon of apple juice. After a disappointing lack of fruit flavor in the blackberry cider I upped the fruit in this recipe. Having went with 12 ounces in the cider and only having a slight berry flavor I triple it. I put 24 ounces of blackberries and 12 ounces of blueberries in a bag and threw them into the primary. After primary I will taste it and decide whether or not I will be putting fruit into the secondary. Everything was mixed up with some pectic enzyme, yeast energizer and a packet of Lavlin K1-V1116. It came out with an original gravity of 25.2 Plato, so this will be a nice 13% ABV when it finishes out. I may end up carbonating this, but I am not sure, we'll see what it tastes like when it is done.
Sorry this post was late, short, and pictureless. Back to brewing beer next week though.
So, as always.....Until next week, cheers!